Clogged drains are extremely annoying and disruptive. Clogs can prevent you from using a certain sink, tub, or toilet and may result in damage to the drainpipe if not properly cleared. Plumbing First offers drain cleaning in Middletown and other communities in New Castle and Kent counties from a team with more than 50 years of collective experience.
Common Causes of a Drain Blockage
The drains in your home are under constant use. Some drain clogs happen over time as hair, food scraps, and other debris gradually build up inside the drains. Other clogs happen suddenly, for example when someone in the house uses way too much toilet paper or drops an object down a drain that causes the drain to become blocked.
Household drains often become clogged with:
- Coffee grounds
- Food scraps
- Grease or oil
- Cotton balls and non-flushable wipes
- Foreign objects dropped or flushed down drains
Regardless of what is blocking your drain, we can get it cleared. A drain problem may initially present as a slow drain. If you don’t address the problem quickly, the water may continue to drain slower and slower in the affected sink, shower, or tub. Eventually, it will become completely blocked and the pipe could be damaged. The best way to avoid this is to schedule Middletown drain cleaning when you first notice a problem.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
Are you wondering if your drains are in need of professional attention? Recognizing the signs of a clogged drain is essential to prevent plumbing disasters. Below, we've outlined key indicators that can help you identify when it's time to seek drain cleaning services.
Signs of a Clogged Drain:
- Slow Drainage: Water taking longer than usual to drain from sinks, bathtubs, or showers is a common sign of a blockage.
- Foul Odors: Unpleasant smells emanating from drains often result from trapped debris and gunk.
- Gurgling Sounds: If you hear gurgling or bubbling noises when water is draining, it may indicate an obstruction.
- Water Backups: Water backing up into sinks, toilets, or tubs when using other fixtures is a clear sign of a clog.
- Standing Water: Puddles of water around drains suggest a blockage that prevents proper drainage.
- Multiple Clogged Fixtures: If multiple fixtures in your home are experiencing drainage issues simultaneously, it's likely a main drain clog.
Don't wait until a minor clog turns into a major plumbing problem. If you notice any of these signs in your home, it's time to contact our professional drain cleaning services. We'll diagnose the issue and provide prompt solutions to keep your plumbing system running smoothly.
We provide drain cleaning in Middletown for any drain in your home. Our plumbers routinely answer calls for help with clogs in kitchen and bathroom sinks, tubs, showers, toilets, floor drains, and more. Whatever is blocking any drain, you can rest assured that we will provide the right solution to get your drain working again.
Our plumbers take the time to identify the source and location of the clog to determine the right equipment for removing the clog and keep it from coming back. Our plumbing service trucks are equipped with a variety of tools and supplies to eliminate whatever is stuck in your drain. We use everything from time-tested methods to the latest technology to get rid of any clog in any drain.
Prevent Drain Clogs
Many common drain clogs can be prevented by treating your drains with care and watching what is put down them. While not every clog can be avoided, there are some steps you can take to minimize clogs and keep your drains clear.
You can keep your household drains clear and reduce clogs when you:
- Use drain covers to keep hair out of your tub and shower drains
- Keep oil and grease out of the kitchen drain
- Avoid overloading the garbage disposal
- Run cold water when using the garbage disposal
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper
- Use a drain strainer in the kitchen sink, if you don’t have a disposal
How to Clear a Clogged Drain?
The best way to clear a clogged drain is to have a licensed plumber quickly and efficiently fix the issue. Another way to avoid drain problems is to schedule routine drain cleaning from time to time. We can provide drain cleaning in Middletown as a preventative measure to keep your drains clear and avoid clogs. This is especially helpful for drains that are prone to clogs.